At MGO we do a lot more than crunch numbers and prepare filings. Our approach leverages input from throughout our organization – giving everyone a voice and an opportunity to make an impact. Utilizing a state-of-the-art technology platform, we go beyond the numbers to provide invaluable financial and operational insight to a diverse array of dynamic clients – from enduring institutions to disruptive start-ups.
By delivering strategic guidance with a personal touch, we are reshaping ideas of what a CPA firm is capable of – and give our professionals the support to self-determine the path their career takes.
MGO is growing and we are looking for motivated, hard working and dynamic ExperiencedAssurance / Audit Associates with at least one year experience with a public accounting firm and a strong passion for the industry to join the team. A career in our public assurance / audit sector will provide you with the opportunities to learn and develop technical auditing skills both hands-on and through continuous firm training initiatives in a variety of industries. This Experienced Assurance Associate / Audit role will be working with your engagement team, including management and partners, to deliver hands-on, day-to-day audit support. While gaining direct exposure to multiple audit techniques and methods you will also be given the opportunity to create, network and develop professional relationships internally and externally with clients and assist in developing those already part of the firm. This role will require travel to and from client site.
Core Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Understand and recognize potential audit issues through analysis of relevant documentation. Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures in accordance with the engagement objectives, budgeted time frame, and appropriate standards.
- Demonstrate an approachable, professional and competent demeanor in the client's environment. Maintain a strong client focus; respond to client requests in a friendly and efficient manner and develop/maintain productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Collaborate with team members in setting goals and assuming responsibilities. Contribute ideas/opinions to the audit teams and listen/respond to other team members' views.
- Demonstrate a command of GAAP, GAAS, GAGAS** and any other common audit techniques.
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and share information gained with co-workers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration (related) required.
- Must be able to sit for CPA exam, already sitting or are have obtained CPA license.
- Minimum 1 year working experience in a public accounting firm.
- Proficient in with Microsoft Excel.
- Willingness to learn how to use a variety of accounting and auditing software and systems.
Why work for MGO?
MGO’s professionals take a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to accounting, financial and advisory services. Our teams collaborate across internal functions and service lines to build institutional knowledge, formulate insight, and deliver efficiencies that make a difference – not only in the marketplace, but in the lives of our clients and team members.That’s why we value characteristics like teamwork, communication, creativity, and leadership when building our teams.
We are growing fast and new opportunities emerge every day. If you’re not afraid of pushing the status quo, MGO offers a supportive setting where you can take control of your career while still enjoying the mentorship to develop new skills in an environment where you thrive.
Want to learn more? Complete an application and so our team can reach out to you directly!