At MGO we do a lot more than crunch numbers and prepare filings. Our approach leverages input from throughout our organization – giving everyone a voice and an opportunity to make an impact.
Utilizing a state-of-the-art technology platform, we go beyond the numbers to provide invaluable financial and operational insight to a diverse array of dynamic clients – from enduring institutions to disruptive start-ups.
By delivering strategic guidance with a personal touch, we are reshaping ideas of what a CPA firm is capable of – and give our professionals the support to self-determine the path their career takes.
MGO is growing and we are looking for motivated, hard working and dynamic Financial Accounting Services Experienced Associate / Accountant with a strong passion for public accounting and client services to join the team. A career in our public FAAS (client accounting services) sector will provide you with the opportunities to learn and develop technical client servicing and supervisory skills both hands-on working directly with clients and through continuous firm training / staff development initiatives in a variety of client industries. This Financial Accounting Services Experienced Associate / Accountant role will be working Manager or Sr. Manager to assist with the day-to-day accounting functions (GL, AP, AR, and Payroll) for clients. This role will require travel to and from client site, some overnight stay required (10%).
Core Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Performs the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly accounting activities for the assigned client(s)
- Identify and help solve engagement (client) technical issues, anomalies, non-routine items
- Conducts self in a professional manner related to all client communications and interactions
- Conducts self in a professional manner related to all engagement team communications and interactions
- Provides accounting software implementation or upgrades, to clients and firm staff.
- Understands individual client needs and tailors accounting set-up appropriately.
- Provides direct reconciliation of monthly statements, monthly closing, preparation of monthly financial statements, reconciliation and maintenance of balance sheet accounts for clients.
- Prepares financial reports, and analyses of accounts as requested.
- Prepares for and coordinates accounting during a client audit process.
- Books journal entries
- Assist tax department with tax return preparation
- Assists with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Directs and/or prepares sales tax and annual local business tax.
- Directs and/or prepare 1099’s, W2’s, and Payroll Tax Reports.
- Maintains professional proficiency over accounting practices and various accounting software.
- Provides technical accounting training as needed to the clients through web meetings or in person.
- Anticipates, identifies, and resolves complex assignment issues.
Added Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experienced with Microsoft Office suite, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Enterprise, ADP, NetSuite, Sage Intacct strongly preferred
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to operate calculator, computer, and other general office equipment.
- Feels comfortable working with a variety of computer software both desktop and cloud based
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions, Payroll returns, Business tax license, Secretary of State filing and State Board of Equalization
Minimum Qualifications & Working Conditions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of accounting experience including GL, AP, AR, reconciliations
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to excellent client service, flexibility, and the ability to manage constantly shifting priorities
- Work time beyond standard business hours may often be required to complete work and meet deadlines
- Works in the office 90% of the time.
- Minimal Hazards
Why work for MGO?
MGO’s professionals take a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to accounting, financial and advisory services. Our teams collaborate across internal functions and service lines to build institutional knowledge, formulate insight, and deliver efficiencies that make a difference – not only in the marketplace, but in the lives of our clients and team members. That’s why we value characteristics like teamwork, communication, creativity, and leadership when building our teams.
We are growing fast and new opportunities emerge every day. If you’re not afraid of pushing the status quo, MGO offers a supportive setting where you can take control of your career while still enjoying the mentorship to develop new skills in an environment where you thrive.