At MGO we do a lot more than crunch numbers and prepare filings. Our approach leverages input from throughout our organization – giving everyone a voice and an opportunity to make an impact. Utilizing a state-of-the-art technology platform, we go beyond the numbers to provide invaluable financial and operational insight to a diverse array of dynamic clients – from enduring institutions to disruptive start-ups.
By delivering strategic guidance with a personal touch, we are reshaping ideas of what a CPA firm is capable of – and give our professionals the support to self-determine the path their career takes.
· Leading Managing and Holding People Accountable (LMA)
· Support Growth Strategies
· Meet the engagement (job) financial goals / metrics / QC (technical) standards
· Takes care of the client
· Develops successors (managers)
· Manage accounting advisory engagements and provide accounting support to clients, including implementation assistance with new accounting requirements and financial restatements
· Assist with Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulatory filings for spin-offs, carve-outs, initial public offerings (IPO), debt offerings, and other acquisition filings for both domestic and cross-border transactions
· Provide conversion services to U.S. and foreign registered companies that need a change in their financial reporting to U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
· Provide transaction oriented accounting and reporting assistance for mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, complex capital raising and financing structures, financial instruments, revenue recognition, and provide fresh-start accounting support to clients upon emergence from bankruptcy
· Work with valuation advisors to assess the impact and reporting of valuation events such as acquisitions, management buyouts, and fresh-start accounting
· Identify and build long-term business relationships with new target clients and key executives
· Eight years of experience with a public accounting firm, advisory services firm, or a large multinational organization conducting financial audit or corporate accounting
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in an appropriate field; licensed CPA or CPA equivalent required
· Strong current knowledge in one of the following: U.S. GAAP, IFRS, SEC financial reporting issues, bankruptcies, business combinations, or financial restatements
· Demonstrated ability to connect with senior executives of leading organizations to generate new business relationships and projects
· Demonstrated ability to lead teams of over twenty employees comprised of diverse backgrounds and skill sets
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally
· Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
· Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.