At MGO we do a lot more than crunch numbers and prepare filings. Our approach leverages input from throughout our organization – giving everyone a voice and an opportunity to make an impact.
Utilizing a state-of-the-art technology platform, we go beyond the numbers to provide invaluable financial and operational insight to a diverse array of dynamic clients – from enduring institutions to disruptive start-ups.
By delivering strategic guidance with a personal touch, we are reshaping ideas of what a CPA firm is capable of – and give our professionals the support to self-determine the path their career takes.
MGO is growing and we are looking for motivated, hard working and dynamic Tax Manager with corporate and provisions experience with a strong passion for public accounting and tax services to join the team. A career in our public Tax sector will provide you with the opportunities to learn and develop technical skills in order to prep and execute returns of all kinds and industries.
This Tax Manager role will perform advanced level accounting functions related to tax specifications and perform as a lead by assigning work and providing guidance to lower level associates. In this role the Tax Manager will be responsible for advising clients on the tax implications of their business objections, evaluating and selecting alternative actions to lessen tax burden and cost of compliance, identifying different methods of complying with tax regulations while acting as the primary client contact for complex tax issues. The Tax Manager is charged with applying knowledge to understand potential tax issues, and recognizing and communicating potential risks and potential changes in the tax policy.
Core Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Leading Managing and Holding People Accountable (LMA)
- Understand and assist in execution of growth strategies (research calls, pipeline management, COPs, etc.)
- Manage the engagement (job) project management, billing, ensures QC (technical) standards
- Take care of the client (meets deadlines, timely communication)
- Develop engagement team (prepares seniors to the next level)
- Efficiently review engagement work papers and tax returns for Corporations
- Effective at supervising and training staff to prepare returns
- Possess a solid command of pertinent IRC sections and regulations
- Develop an expertise in responding to tax authority notices and client representation
- Oversee and supervise multiple engagements in progress simultaneously
- Manage client accounts including billing, fee analysis and new service development
- Provide effective feedback to mentors and supervisory, senior and staff accountants
- Research complex tax matters and clearly communicate findings and recommendations
- Meet challenging client requirements and provide exceptional service
- Consistently display excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Identify new business development opportunities and assist in growing existing client services
- Work is performed in a business office environment with limited privacy and exposure to general office environment noise from others conducting business
- Overnight travel is required approximately 10% of time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required; Master of Tax preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a public accounting firm or related experience
- CPA license required, MBA, JD, LLM possible to be in lieu of CPA
- Previous experience supervising and training staff and Seniors preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational techniques are required
- Must be highly motivated and experienced in managing multiple client engagements
- Must begin to attain visibility and recognition within their industry specialization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Why work for MGO?
MGO’s professionals take a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to accounting, financial and advisory services. Our teams collaborate across internal functions and service lines to build institutional knowledge, formulate insight, and deliver efficiencies that make a difference – not only in the marketplace, but in the lives of our clients and team members.
That’s why we value characteristics like teamwork, communication, creativity, and leadership when building our teams.
We are growing fast and new opportunities emerge every day. If you’re not afraid of pushing the status quo, MGO offers a supportive setting where you can take control of your career while still enjoying the mentorship to develop new skills in an environment where you thrive.
Want to learn more? Complete an application and so our team can reach out to you directly!