At MGO we do a lot more than crunch numbers and prepare filings. Our approach leverages input from throughout our organization – giving everyone a voice and an opportunity to make an impact. Utilizing a state-of-the-art technology platform, we go beyond the numbers to provide invaluable financial and operational insight to a diverse array of dynamic clients – from enduring institutions to disruptive start-ups.
By delivering strategic guidance with a personal touch, we are reshaping ideas of what a CPA firm is capable of – and give our professionals the support to self-determine the path their career takes.
MGO is growing and we are looking for motivated, hardworking and dynamic Associate Financial Planner. The Associate Planner will be responsible for all aspects of building, implementing, and managing financial plans and supporting lead advisor's.
- Preparing, presenting, and implementing customized comprehensive financial plans and portfolios
- Providing financial planning and technical advice to clients in all areas, including investment planning, insurance planning, tax planning, retirement planning, estate planning, college planning, credit and debt management.
- Manage and retain client relationships
- Apply and communicate complex financial planning concepts based on client’s situation
- Coaching clients regarding planning options
- Directing and overseeing plan production for client planning matters
- CFP designation
- Strong knowledge of TD Ameritrade VEO and Schwab Advisor Platforms
- Strong knowledge of financial planning platforms (eMoney and/or Moneyguide Pro)
- Financial services experience (3+ years)
- Strong organization, prioritising, and management skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Financial Planning and Advice
- Identify clients to engage or re-engage in planning relationships
- Prepare lead advisor for client meetings focused on planning discussions
- Gather and enter client data into financial planning tool (eMoney)
- Upload client documents into the Client Vault
- Create planning deliverables (Financial Plans, Retirement Income Plans, Education Plans, etc.)
- Perform case analysis and develop recommendations
- Conduct and/or participate in client meetings to present recommendations/deliver advice
- Track/hold clients accountable to agreed upon actions
- Answer questions and provide readily available information to clients, if requested, as it relates to servicing their accounts.
- Evaluate and explore accounts for potential opportunities (consolidating outside accounts, rolling over old retirement plans, adding life insurance as an asset class, etc.)
Investment Portfolio Solutions
- Determine the client’s goals, time horizon and risk tolerance
- Develop the Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Develop portfolio recommendations that will fit the client’s risk tolerance and time frame
- Run illustrations and hypotheticals
- Review work methods and procedures for possible quality improvements and efficiencies and implement them when appropriate
- Assign and delegate work and provide feedback, when appropriate, to other planning support staff
- Act as a technical resource and provide training and support to other practice members.
- Strong ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective communication and persuasive ability
- Strong analytical skills
Why work for MGO?
MGO’s professionals take a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to accounting, financial and advisory services. Our teams collaborate across internal functions and service lines to build institutional knowledge, formulate insight, and deliver efficiencies that make a difference – not only in the marketplace, but in the lives of our clients and team members. That’s why we value characteristics like teamwork, communication, creativity, and leadership when building our teams.
We are growing fast and new opportunities emerge every day. If you’re not afraid of pushing the status quo, MGO offers a supportive setting where you can take control of your career while still enjoying the mentorship to develop new skills in an environment where you thrive.
Want to learn more? Complete an application and so our team can reach out to you directly!