At MGO we do a lot more than crunch numbers and prepare filings. Our approach leverages input from throughout our organization – giving everyone a voice and an opportunity to make an impact. Utilizing a state-of-the-art technology platform, we go beyond the numbers to provide invaluable financial and operational insight to a diverse array of dynamic clients – from enduring institutions to disruptive start-ups.
By delivering strategic guidance with a personal touch, we are reshaping ideas of what a CPA firm is capable of – and give our professionals the support to self-determine the path their career takes.
MGO is growing and we need an experienced, knowledgeable and professional Marketing Content Specialist to join our team. Under the direction of the PR and Communications Director, the Marketing Content Specialist researches content and business trends, develops content strategies, and creates content for public relations and Firm communications across in both print and digital media. Must be skilled in the ideation and creation of innovative, engaging content and storytelling. The position works closely with the creative team to ensure that the content is engaging for the external and internal audience and reflects the brand.
- Work closely with the PR and Communications Director to craft original and creative copy for external communications (PR, advertising, articles) and internal communications and digital platforms
- Create and maintain content distributed through a variety of platforms, including blogs, website, intranet and other digital media.
- Collaborate with the content team to execute concepts aligned with the strategic goals and objectives of the Firm
- Understand the overall strategy and objectives of each project and be able to translate them into effective, engaging communications
- Be knowledgeable in the firm's business and trends to develop relevant, audience-appropriate communications
- Embrace and follow established brand guidelines to ensure that messaging is consistent with the voice, tone, and aesthetic
- Be a resourceful problem-solver with the ability to balance regulatory guidelines, brand consideration, and practice leaders needs and requests to deliver high-quality, strategically sound communications
- Partner with the creative team to brainstorm and explore ways to apply the brand to new channels in traditional and digital media
- Proofreading and editing content before publishing
- Ensuring that SEO and SMO strategies are effectively implemented.
- Gain a full understanding of project requirements to articulate the accurate scope of work and manage working time efficiently to meet deadlines within budget
- Ability to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking and completing projects quickly amid changing priorities
- Be a passionate, hardworking team player who is continually looking to enhance your skillset and seize opportunities for growth and improvement
- Maintain a positive attitude with the ability to respond to constructive feedback appropriately
- Be proactive in building and nurturing positive relationships with internal client-partners
- Keeping up to date with content trends, consumer preferences, and advancements in technology
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time by accountants or partners.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of website marketing and search engine marketing.
- Knowledge of Google / Facebook advertising.
- Knowledge of social media apps and content guidelines.
- Proficiency with writing programs, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Word, along with Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- BA or BS in literature, journalism, marketing, communications, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in content creation, marketing, communications, or similar.
- Familiarity with content management systems.
- Good knowledge of content and layout design tools from the Adobe suite such as InDesign.
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office.
- Good knowledge of various content platforms such as social media, blogs, and print media.
- Strong understanding of content practices such as SEO, SMO, and PPC.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes as well as keeping projects and files organized according to team standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as creative thinking skills.
- Good problem-solving skills to manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues of varying complexity while meeting time-sensitive deadlines and deliverables.
Why work for MGO?
MGO’s professionals take a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to accounting, financial and advisory services. Our teams collaborate across internal functions and service lines to build institutional knowledge, formulate insight, and deliver efficiencies that make a difference – not only in the marketplace, but in the lives of our clients and team members. That’s why we value characteristics like teamwork, communication, creativity, and leadership when building our teams.
We are growing fast and new opportunities emerge every day. If you’re not afraid of pushing the status quo, MGO offers a supportive setting where you can take control of your career while still enjoying the mentorship to develop new skills in an environment where you thrive.
Want to learn more? Complete an application and so our team can reach out to you directly!