At MGO we do a lot more than crunch numbers and prepare filings. Our approach leverages input from throughout our organization – giving everyone a voice and an opportunity to make an impact.
Utilizing a state-of-the-art technology platform, we go beyond the numbers to provide invaluable financial and operational insight to a diverse array of dynamic clients – from enduring institutions to disruptive start-ups.
By delivering strategic guidance with a personal touch, we are reshaping ideas of what a CPA firm is capable of – and give our professionals the support to self-determine the path their career takes.
Calling all Tax Transfer Pricing professionals!!! We are looking for a Transfer Pricing Senior Associate to join the team.
The Senior Associate provides unique solutions through the delivery of quality transfer pricing and economic consulting services. Employees in this job class perform as a lead by assigning work and providing guidance to lower level associates. This job class requires knowledge of intermediate accounting and/or tax principals of which would be derived from several years of experience as an Experienced Associate and the ability to assign work, manage progress and meet deadlines.
Core Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Leading Managing and Holding People Accountable (LMA)
- Learn and begin to apply growth process (participates in assigned RC,, pipeline support, COPs, etc.)
- Supervises the engagement (job) project management, billing, ensures QC (technical) standards
- Takes care of the client (meets deadlines, timely communication)
- Develops engagement team (prepares seniors to the next level)
- Prepares documentation, participates in audit defense and develops solutions to clients economic business matters
- Builds relationships with current and prospective clients
- Identifies key issues facing clients and discusses possible solutions to increase quality and efficiency
- Manages analysis and builds and reviews financial models
- Develops innovative transfer pricing strategies addressing a spectrum of economic issues
- Identifies additional potential transfer pricing opportunities and new business
- Understands and is able to explain the reasons behind the firm’s policies, procedures and practices and project management techniques.
- Possess technical knowledge sufficient to supervise lower level associates
- Ensures all work papers are complete, consistent, and contain procedures performed, evidence obtained, and conclusions reached.
- Exhibits strong communications skills (verbal; written; presentation) with lower level associates, management/partners, and clients.
- Provides timely performance and behavior feedback to lower level associates via verbal discussions and/or evaluations.
- Work is performed in a business office environment with limited privacy and exposure to general office environment noise from others conducting business.
- Overnight travel is required approximately 10% of time.
- 3 years of experience in transfer pricing (including, documentation, research and planning)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economic, Business, Finance or Accounting (Masters preferred)
- CPA preferred, if not a CPA, must meet educational requirements and actively sitting for the CPA exam as outlined by the Board of Accountancy in the state of your preferred office location
- Ability to be flexible in changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
- Ability to act in a responsive manner to client inquires and requests; escalate the more difficult issues as necessary.
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Prior basic supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat
Why work for MGO?
MGO’s professionals take a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to accounting, financial and advisory services. Our teams collaborate across internal functions and service lines to build institutional knowledge, formulate insight, and deliver efficiencies that make a difference – not only in the marketplace, but in the lives of our clients and team members.
That’s why we value characteristics like teamwork, communication, creativity, and leadership when building our teams.
We are growing fast and new opportunities emerge every day. If you’re not afraid of pushing the status quo, MGO offers a supportive setting where you can take control of your career while still enjoying the mentorship to develop new skills in an environment where you thrive.
Want to learn more? Complete an application and so our team can reach out to you directly!