At MGO we do a lot more than crunch numbers and prepare filings. Our approach leverages input from throughout our organization – giving everyone a voice and an opportunity to make an impact.
Utilizing a state-of-the-art technology platform, we go beyond the numbers to provide invaluable financial and operational insight to a diverse array of dynamic clients – from enduring institutions to disruptive start-ups.
By delivering strategic guidance with a personal touch, we are reshaping ideas of what a CPA firm is capable of – and give our professionals the support to self-determine the path their career
MGO is growing and we need an experienced, motivated and dedicated Tax Manager who specializes in M&A transactions and tax matters surrounding multiple years’ experience in public accounting to join the team.
Core Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Work with and assist other senior members of the Tax practice with various technical tax issues dealing with consolidated returns, S Corps, partnerships, LLCs, and LLPs
- Interacts closely to advise clients on a full spectrum of tax and structuring considerations related to complex partnership transactions including partnership mergers, acquisitions, divisions, recapitalizations, and restructurings
- Conduct numerical analysis in order to advise client os possible tax ramifications of critical business decisions related to transaction alternative planning
- Understands and assist in execution of growth strategies (research calls, pipeline management, COPs, etc.)
- Manage the engagement (job) project management, billing, ensures QC (technical) standards
- Possesses a solid skill set of research and writing skills
- Oversee and supervise multiple engagements in progress simultaneously
- Manage client accounts including billing, fee analysis and new service development
- Ability to research complex tax matters and clearly communicate findings and recommendations
- Meet challenging client requirements and provide exceptional service
- Consistently display excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Must be able to build new and existing client relationships and demonstrate the ability to build business
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required; Master of Tax preferred
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a public accounting firm (CPA firm)
- Licensed CPA highly or J.D., LL.M, or EA required
- Proficient in S Corps, partnerships, LLCs, and LLPs
- Previous experience supervising and devloping staff and seniors
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with tax research databases and engagement softwares/systems including CCH Software, Caseware, BNA Depreciation Software, or comparable programs and standard tax workpapers
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational techniques are required
- Must be highly motivated and experienced in managing multiple client engagements at once
- Must begin to attain visibility and recognition within their industry specialization
Why work for MGO?
MGO’s professionals take a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to accounting, financial and advisory services. Our teams collaborate across internal functions and service lines to build institutional knowledge, formulate insight, and deliver efficiencies that make a difference – not only in the marketplace, but in the lives of our clients and team members.
That’s why we value characteristics like teamwork, communication, creativity, and leadership when building our teams.
We are growing fast and new opportunities emerge every day. If you’re not afraid of pushing the status quo, MGO offers a supportive setting where you can take control of your career while still enjoying the mentorship to develop new skills in an environment where you thrive.
Want to learn more? Complete an application and so our team can reach out to you directly!